Cebu City JV body to choose challengers of FLI proposal (South Road Properties)

CEBU City’s Joint Venture Selection Committee (JVSC) will convene today to decide who will be qualified to challenge the offer to develop a 50.6-hectare portion of the South Road Properties (SRP), if any party submits their eligibility requirements.

So far, only the Provincial Government expressed an interest to challenge Filinvest Land Inc.’s (FLI) unsolicited proposal and secured forms for pre-qualification and eligibility requirements.

Read more...

Gwen finds South Road Properties better to invest in, says Tomas

The Freeman
December 20, 2008

Cebu City Mayor-on-leave Tomas Osmeña expected Governor Gwendolyn Garcia to decide on investing in the SRP since the province is not “desirable.”

Osmeña, when sought for comment on the recent move of the Province of Cebu in showing their intention over the areas being eyed by the Filinvest Land Incorporation (FLI), said he will just have to wait and see.

“Of course, it is so bati to invest in the province she doesn’t like to live in the province, let’s see,” Osmeña said. Last December, Wednesday, Garcia had a representative to buy a set of eligibility documents from the Secretariat of the Joint Venture Selection Committee prior to the opening of bids on December 23.

Read more...

South Road Properties framework plan

Linette C. Ramos
Sun.Star Staff Reporter

PLANS for the South Road Properties (SRP) drafted 15 years ago were amended to suit a mixed land use project and will be submitted to the Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica) headquarters in Tokyo for approval.

The framework plan, if acceptable to Jica officials in Japan, will be the basis for the planning of utilities for the 302-hectare SRP.

Read more...

CH officials insist South Road Properties should be demand-driven, to meet with consultants

Thursday, December 18, 2008

CEBU City officials will meet with Asian Development Bank (ADB) consultants today to clarify its requirement of a development framework or master plan for the South Road Properties (SRP).

City Administrator Francisco Fernandez said that Mayor-on-leave Tomas Osmeña reiterated yesterday his stance that the 302-hectare SRP will be demand-driven and will respond to the needs of the market, and would not be tied down by a master plan.

Read more...

Filinvest still to pursue P80 B South Road Properties investment

The Freeman
December 16, 2008 12:00 AM

Cebu City mayor on-leave Tomas Osmeña said the Filinvest Land Inc. will still pursue its P80 billion investment at the South Road Properties despite the opinion of Asian Development Bank (ADB) consultants that the SRP lacks a land use master plan.

“Don’t listen to them. They don’t know what they are talking about. Filinvest will start project without them,” Osmeña said yesterday.

Read more...

BRT advocate offers to help in South Road Properties design, bus system

Monday, December 15, 2008
Linette C. Ramos
Sun.Star Staff Reporter

ASIDE from two foreign funding agencies, Cebu City Hall might also get some help and input for the South Road Properties (SRP) from one of the world's leading mass transport system advocates.

Former Bogota City, Colombia Mayor Enrique Peñalosa has expressed interest in making a design proposal for the SRP.

Read more...

Don’t Tie Down South Road Properties to Master Plan: Tomas

Saturday, December 13, 2008

CEBU City officials and the marketing arm of the South Road Properties (SRP) assured they will comply with the terms and conditions of the loan agreement with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).

Acting Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama also assured JICA that the City is “not skirting substantially the original plan for the SRP.”

Read more...

Planned South Road Properties use ‘not acceptable’

NOT having a development framework or a master plan and a governance structure for the South Road Properties (SRP) would cost the Cebu City Government a lot, including foreign funding for utilities and other infrastructure within the 302-hectare facility.

The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) reiterated yesterday the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) request for a development framework or plan, so it can justify to the Japanese Government the shift in the use of the reclaimed properties.

Read more...

City urged: Firm up plan for South Road Properties’ infra, utilities

Thursday, December 11, 2008
Linette C. Ramos
Sun.Star Staff Reporter

FOREIGN consultants recommended yesterday the creation of concrete plans for utilities and infrastructure at the South Road Properties (SRP), before the Cebu City Government sells or develops other areas of the 302-hectare facility.

Read more...

Kawit Island now officially part of South Road Properties

The Freeman
Updated December 10, 2008 12:00 AM

CEBU - The Kawit Island at the South Road Properties has been reclassified as an alienable and disposable land and has been removed from the administration of the Department of Health, said Malacañang in a letter sent to Mayor Tomas Osmeña.

The letter, sent by Malacañang Records Office Director Marianito Dimaandal, attached with it a certified true copy of Proclamation 1505, which amended an Executive Order 43, the executive order issued in 1904 that declared the island solely for quarantine use and maritime hospital services by the Chief Quarantine Officer of the DOH.

Read more...

Nalzaro: Capitol’s revenge (South Road Properties)

Bobby Nalzaro's column in Sunstar
Bobby Nalzaro

I AGREE with Mayor-on-leave Tomas Osmeña that nobody, not even the Provincial Government, can dictate Cebu City Hall on what to do with the South Road Properties (SRP). The mayor issued this statement in reaction to Rep. Pablo John Garcia’s view that Filinvest’s offer to the City is illegal and disadvantageous to the government.

Read more...

CH gives go-signal to FLI’s P25-B proposal; officials still mum on Capitol’s bid (South Road Properties)

Linette C. Ramos
Sun.Star Staff Reporter

FILINVEST Land Inc. (FLI) will infuse a total equity of P25 billion, not P80 billion, in the joint venture with the Cebu City Government to develop a 50.6-hectare portion of the South Road Properties (SRP).

Read more...

Capitol willing to work with city on South Road Properties

CEBU - Taking advantage of Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña’s absence, Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia yesterday visited the South Road Properties and expressed interest in working together with the city on the project that she intends to put up at the much-talked about facility.

For the first time since the province expressed interest in investing at the SRP, the governor stepped on the 295-hectare property where she was warmly welcomed and briefed by SRP management office head Nagiel Bañacia.

Read more...

Cebu to wrap up talks with Filinvest Land over its P80-B devt proposal (South Road Properties)

Written by Wilfredo Rodolfo III / Reporter
Thursday, 20 November 2008 00:07

THE Cebu City government said it expects to wrap up next week its contract negotiations for an estimated P80-billion unsolicited development proposal of Filinvest Land Inc. (FLI) for a large portion of the reclaimed South Road Properties (SRP).

Read more...

Capitol to invest in South Road Properties

CEBU CITY -- The Cebu Provincial Government announced Monday plans to go into commercial development in the South Road Properties (SRP), the pet project of Mayor-on-leave Tomas Osmeña, Capitol's top critic. Capitol is also preparing to challenge the proposal of Filinvest Land Inc. (FLI) to develop a 50-hectare portion of the SRP.
"The Province is interested nga maka-invest mi sa among gamay'ng kwarta (in investing our little funds), so we decided to do commercial development in the south district, especially in the South Road Properties," Capitol information and revenue generation consultant Rory Jon Sepulveda said in a press conference Monday.

Read more...

Tom asks people’s help to fight ‘landgrabber’ (South Road Properties)

THREATS of a lawsuit by Talisay City officials and their claim over a 50-hectare portion of the South Road Properties (SRP) will not affect Cebu City Hall’s ongoing negotiations with Filinvest Land Inc. (FLI), city officials said yesterday.

While Acting City Mayor Hilario Davide III and City Hall’s Joint Venture Selection Committee (JVSC) are confident of the City’s ownership of the SRP, Mayor-on-leave Tomas Osmeña sought his constituents’ help in protecting SRP from a “landgrabber,” apparently referring to Rep. Eduardo Gullas (Cebu, 1st district).

Read more...

Lack of consultants hounds ADB project (South Road Properties)

By Marian Z. Codilla
Cebu Daily News
First Posted 15:09:00 11/12/2008

Cebu City, Philippines - The search for four more consultants has pushed back the start of an Asian Development Bank (ADB) technical assistance study on the South Road Properties (SRP) from last Monday to the end of the month.

John-Olof Vinterfav, land management specialist of the ADB-Cities Development Initiative for Asia (CDIA), said the group still needs to find four more consultants to complete the set of eight consultants for the pre-feasibility study of the utilities that would be used in the SRP.

Read more...

South Road Properties investors remain upbeat

By: Linette C. Ramos
Sun.Star Staff Reporter
Monday, November 10, 2008

INVESTORS are optimistic about their plans at the South Road Properties (SRP) despite the tedious process of acquiring lots there and the economic meltdown in the US.

Filinvest Land Inc. (FLI) Vice Chairman Andrew Gotianun Jr. said they expect to finish negotiating with the City Government and close a deal on the SRP lot purchase by the middle of January, if negotiations succeed.

Read more...

The city according to Tommy: South Road Properties holds promise of Cebu’s future

By Mitchelle L. Palaubsanon
The Freeman
Sunday, November 9, 2008

The future of Cebu City is rooted in the success of the South Road Properties. This was the main message conveyed by Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña yesterday in his State of the City Address at the Cebu Coliseum, the first time it was held outside City Hall.

Osmeña, who is serving out his last term and is expected to return to the United States today to continue his cancer treatment at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, was so upbeat about the future that he promised to provide qualified senior citizens in the city a yearly allowance of P2,000 to be sourced from proceeds of SRP sales.

Read more...

Bigfoot inaugurates P2B facility at South Road Properties

The Freeman
Sunday, November 9, 2008


Bigfoot Entertainment has made a mark in Cebu and the entire Philippines by becoming the first investor to pour billions to build a two-hectare complex at the South Road Properties that was inaugurated yesterday.

Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña said the recently inaugurated Bigfoot complex is the first international movie studio in the country. As of yesterday, Bigfoot has invested a total of P2 billion in the city, he revealed.

Read more...

More jobs seen as CH, firm open 1st movie studio in RP (South Road Properties)

By Linette C. Ramos
Sun.Star Staff Reporter
Saturday, November 08, 2008

WITH promise of livelihood and job opportunities for ordinary Cebuanos, Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña announced yesterday the opening of the first international movie studio in the country at the South Road Properties (SRP).

Bigfoot Entertainment’s two-hectare complex, dubbed as the Hollywood of Asia, will be inaugurated today, and is seen to create a lot of job opportunities and livelihood even for the urban poor.

Read more...

South Road Properties joint deal being drafted--mayor

By Marian Z. Codilla
Cebu Daily News
First Posted 11:42:00 11/07/2008

THE Cebu City government and Filinvest Land Inc. are still drafting their joint venture agreement to develop a portion of the South Road Properties (SRP).

SRP negotiation updates and the city's commitment to help the poor constituents will be taken up by Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña during his City Address (Soca) on Saturday.

Read more...

SM eyes 20-hectare property in Cebu for mall, IT buildings (South Road Properties)

CEBU — Mall developer SM Prime Holdings, Inc. is looking at a 20-hectare lot within the South Road Properties for a planned shopping mall, hotel and two information technology (IT) buildings.

SM Prime President Hans T. Sy said they were in talks with the Cebu City government, which owns the properties, through the latter’s marketing arm, the Cebu Investment Promotions Center (CIPC).

Read more...

Filinvest to submit complete proposal (South Road Properties)

Sunday, October 26, 2008


The Cebu City’s joint venture committee that studies the multi-billion proposal of Filinvest Land Inc. to purchase and develop a portion of the South Road Properties is scheduled to convene on Tuesday, a day after the proponent submits its complete business proposal on Monday.

Cebu City administrator Francisco Fernandez, who heads the committee, said the formal negotiation on the proposal will begin on Tuesday and they expect it done within 10 days.

Read more...

Mall owner to buy South Road Properties lot

Sun.Star Cebu
Tuesday, October 21, 2008

UNSUCCESSFUL with its planned takeover of the South Road Properties (SRP) last year, SM Prime Holdings Inc. now wants to buy a 20-hectare lot for a mix-use development project.

Aside from a hotel and a mall, SM also wants to build two information technology (IT) towers immediately, said Joel Mari Yu, managing director of the Cebu Investment and Promotion Center (CIPC).

Read more...

South Road Properties team’s ‘smell test’

Monday, October 20, 2008
By Linette C. Ramos
Sun.Star Staff Reporter

AT the corner of one of the access roads in Cebu City’s South Road Properties (SRP) is a sign that welcomes visitors to the Hollywood of Asia.

But with the garbage dumpsite visible from the Bigfoot Entertainment complex and the overwhelming stench reaching its premises, it’s in stark contrast to the Hollywood in Los Angeles, California.

Read more...

FLI asks City to keep talks confidential (South Road Properties)

Friday, October 17, 2008
By Linette C. Ramos
Sun.Star Staff Reporter

ON the request of Filinvest Land Inc. (FLI), members of the Cebu City Government’s Joint Venture Selection Committee (JV-SC) will sign a confidentiality agreement to keep negotiations under wraps.

The nine-member JVSC formally received yesterday the detailed unsolicited proposal of FLI to develop a 50-hectare portion of the South Road Properties (SRP).

Read more...

About This Blog

Our Blogger Templates

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP